All About Singapore Employment Pass Application

Published: 28th February 2011
Views: N/A

The Singapore Employment Pass (EP) is a visa issued to foreign entrepreneurs, shareholders, and managing directors in order to allow them to setup and personally manage their business in the country. However, EP can also serve as a work visa given to supervisors and managers, "key employees," professionals, and workers with a specialized skill.

The government assumes that the Employment Pass holder is a more highly educated, higher-caliber individual. As a result, there are advantages to having such a Pass. It is easier to obtain Dependant's Passes. Other clearances that may be required, say for a change of job, are also easier to obtain.

Employment Passes (Basic salary above S$2,500)

There are now two classifications of employment pass - 'P' and 'Q'. The first of these, the 'P' pass is for foreigners holding acceptable tertiary/professional qualifications seeking professional, administrative, executive or managerial jobs or who are entrepreneurs or investors. A P1 pass is for those with incomes of above $7000 and a P2 pass is for those with incomes of between $3500 and $7000.

If your income is above $2500 and you have basic educational qualifications (at least 5 GCE 'O' levels OR a full NTC-2 certificate), you can qualify for a Q1 pass. Finally, if you do not meet either the basic monthly income OR educational requirements just noted, you may be granted a Q2 pass in exceptional circumstances.

More likely, if your basic monthly salary is below $2,500 but you have an acceptable university degree or diploma from a recognized educational institution in Singapore, you may also apply for the Employment Pass. An Employment Pass holder may apply for Dependant's Passes for a spouse and unmarried children under 21 years old. You can apply for Dependant's Passes together with the Employment Pass.

The fee for the Employment or Dependant Pass is $30 a year or part thereof. If you need a visa, you have to pay $20 per issue. If all of the above seems most complicated, is usually just a question of a once-yearly wait in line at the Immigration building after filling in the forms and nothing more.

The following documents must be submitted at the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower

* Applicant's Travel Document (with at least two blank visa pages)
* Completed Medical Documents, together with Chest X-Ray and Blood Test Reports if applicable
* In-Principle Approval Letter; and
* Either the Disembarkation / Embarkation Card (Green Card) for renewal, or the Immigration White Card (IMM27) for new application.

Resource Box:

Asiabizservices is the leading Singapore Company Incorporation Services Specialists. It has successfully helped thousands of foreign entrepreneurs to have Singapore employment pass. We have been assisting clients from all over the globe in their Singapore employment pass application. Our office is located at Raffles Place, in the heart of the Singapore business district. ("CBD") If you're in our neighborhood and want to discuss any aspect of our service then feel free to come in to our offices during business hours.

Our phones are answered during business hours by specialists and not by an answering machine. We appreciate the value of your time and understand that a person cannot be replaced by technology. This is especially true when it comes to making important business decisions. If you are interested in learning more about Asiabizservices kindly email us at or give us a call at +6563034614.

Report this article Ask About This Article

More to Explore